HZ-160 Centrifugal Barrel Finisher
HZ-160 High Energy, Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine
The HZ-160 is a full sized industrial finishing machine. It can handle parts of roughly 18 inches long by 10 inches in diameter. This CBF machine can be fully customized with a touchscreen control panel, parts separator, drain pan and infrared safety curtain.
HZ High Energy series Centrifugal Barrel Finishing (CBF) systems from Mass Finishing are the fastest and most economical form of finishing machine available. They are the industry workhorse in polishing, deburring and deflashing parts. From jet engine blades in the aerospace industry to heart valves and medical implants, these tumbling machines are the versatile and money-saving solution for polishing and deburring.
Isotropic or Iso Finishing
In a matter of minutes this deburr tool can clean up metal, acrylic or rubber parts are finished in what could take hours or even days by hand. The finish achieved by these machines is isotropic, meaning parts are polished uniformly and evenly, something that cannot be achieved by hand. Variable speed control allow these tumbling machines to achieve whatever finish the operator desires, from a simple polish at low speed, to full scale deburring and edge radiusing.
HZ-160 Machine Specs
· 15 HP
· Totally Enclosed
· Three Phase, 60 hertz
Barrel Rotation Motor
· 2 HP
· 230/460 volt
· 3 phase, 60 hertz.
· 230/460 volt (Please specify upon order)
· 7.1 cubic feet
Approximate Shipping Weight
· 3500 lbs. (Machine only)
· Variable Frequency
· Allen-Bradley, PowerFlex 525
· 70″L x 54″W x 76″H (machine only, No Cover Lift)
· 89”L x 40”W x 90” H (With Separator)
· 100” x 95” footprint with drain pan option
· Heavy duty steel
· All welded construction
· Reinforced, gusseted, and welded to maximum strength
· Heavy duty powder coat
· Scratch resistant
· 20.75”L x 12”W
· Four hexagonal barrels with removable lids
· Cam locks for secure operation
· Hot poured polyurethane
· ¼” thick
· Field replaceable
· 11 Divider slots, 12 individual chambers possible
Barrel Cover Lift-(Optional)
· Air driven system for removing covers
· Controlled via toggle switch on control panel
· $4,500.00 Additional Cost
· NEMA 12 enclosed panel
· UL Certification Available at Additional Cost
· PLC Option Available at Additional Cost
· 0-100 Hour cycle timer mounted on panel
· Power jog of turret
· Automatically stops the turret when a stop is activated or cycle is completed
· Activated if door is opened
· Prevents door from being opened during operation
· Machine must be powered on in an idle mode to disengage lock
· Can only be opened once cycle is finished
How It Works
Centrifugal barrel finishing machines operate on the “Ferris Wheel” principle with a one-to-one ratio of barrel rotation to turret rotation. Each of the four barrels is loaded to roughly 50-80% full of media, parts, water, and compound. During operation, rotation of the turret creates a sliding force inside the barrel. This motion causes parts and media to contact each other in random or isotropic directions. The resulting finish is consistent across the entire surface of the part. MFI provides complete sample processing and stocks all required media and supplies. Watch the video to see it in action.
Available Options and Accessories
Part and Media Separator
Make the media and part separation process simple by adding a vibratory media separator. Rotate the barrels to dump media and parts onto the vibratory screen and watch as the media and your parts separate.
Processing Table and Sludge Tank
Reduce the mess from the process with MFI’s processing table and sludge tank. Sediment from your tumbling process is collected and easily cleaned out.
PLC Touchscreen Interface
Store processes as recipes in this PLC touchscreen interface. This unit replaces the analog cycle start buttons and allows for better monitoring of machine use and time.
A unique feature with barrel tumbling is the ability to create small separate chambers within each barrel. Dividers help reduce part-on-part impingement.