HZ-40 Centrifugal Barrel Finisher
HZ-40 High Energy Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine
The HZ-40 is a compact industrial deburring and polishing machine. The HZ-40 features four styles of removable barrels. The barrels sit in four cradles which are mounted on a turret. During operation, the turret spins and the barrels remain fixed creating a rolling wave-like motion inside the barrel. Small medical divices such as heart valves and stints, knees and other implants can be finished using multiple steps. These machines are also excellent in the 3D printing industry for improving surface Ra from 400-800 to below 32.
By purchasing a second set of four barrels, the operator can run one set of barrels while they are loading and preparing another. This can dramatically reduce downtime on the machine.
The HZ-40 works well in small places like dental and medical device labs or in cell productions. Despite its smaller stature, it still packs the same high-end finishing punch of its bigger counterparts.
In a matter of minutes this deburr tool can clean up metal, acrylic or rubber and other materials. They can drastically reduce the finishing time over vibratory machines.
Isotropic or Iso Finishing
The finish achieved by these machines is isotropic, meaning parts are polished uniformly and evenly in all directions, something that cannot be achieved by hand. Variable speed control allow these tumbling machines to achieve whatever finish the operator desires, from a simple polish at low speed, to full scale deburring and edge radiusing at full RPM.
|HZ-40 Machine Specs|
|Main Motor Hp|| |
· 3 HP Leeson Brand
· Totally Enclosed
|Voltage||· 230/460 Three Phase, 60 hertz (Single phase available upon request)|
|Total Capacity||· 1-1.42 cubic feet|
|Variable Speed Drive||· Allen Bradley PowerFlex 525|
|Approximate Shipping Weight||· 1300 lbs.|
|Overall Dimensions||· 47″W x 38″D x 49″H|
|Machine Construction|| |
· Heavy duty steel
· All welded construction
· Reinforced, gusseted, and welded to maximum strength
|Barrel Construction|| |
· Various size barrels available (See Below)
· Removable lids
· Lined with polyurethane 1/4” min. thickness
· Entire barrel can be removed from machine to load/unload media and parts.
|Control Panel|| |
· NEMA 12 enclosed panel
· UL Certification (Available upon request)
· Allen Bradley buttons and switches
· 0-100 Hour cycle timer mounted on panel
· Power jog of turret
· Automatically stops the turret when a stop is activated or cycle is completed
· Activated if door is opened
|Two-Sided Barrels|| |
· Can use dividers Non-removable liners
· Inner Dimensions- 8.75″x5.75”
|Bolted-End Barrels|| |
· Inner Dimensions- 11″x5.875″
· Heavier Duty with Removeable Liners
|Latched-End Barrels|| |
· Inner Dimensions- 12.5”x6.875”
· Highest Capacity with removable Liners
|Two Half Barrels-|| |
· Inner Dimensions- 5.375″x6.875″
· 8 Total with Removable Liners (2 per cradle)
|Barrel Type||Empty||Ceramic Media||Plastic Media|
|Half-Size, Latched End||12||23||20|
|Full-Size, Latched End||24||49||43|
|Bolted End Barrel||24||40||36|
|HZ-12 Latched End Barrel||12.5||21||19|
|Light Tower Indicator||· Visual indicator of machines status |
· Can be customized to match existing equipment
|Infrared Safety Light Curtains||· Disables machine if curtain is broken while door is open during loading/unloading |
· Added layer of safety
|Media and Compound||· Required for running parts |
· MFI Stocks all consumables used in testing process
· Media ships in 50- or 55-pound quantities
· Pricing Varies Depending on Type
CF55 SD Series Microseparator™
|· Clean and process effluent from tumbling process |
· Processed wastewater is safe to send to drain or be used in a recycling system.
· Solids are collected through centrifugal action of rotor via a reusable liner
· watch the video
|Media Storage Rack||· Keep media out of the way when not in use |
· Industrial powder coated steel construction
· Made to fit 12 MFI gray media bins
One Machine, Four Barrel Options
- Allows for use of dividers
- Heavy duty cam locks
- Best for high pressure
- Removable polyurethane liner
- Largest capacity
- Snapping latches for quick lid removal
- Light and easy to get in and out of machine
- Latches for quick lid removal
How It Works
Centrifugal barrel finishing machines operate on the “Ferris Wheel” principle with a one-to-one ratio of barrel rotation to turret rotation. Each of the four barrels is loaded to roughly 50-80% full of media, parts, water, and compound. During operation, rotation of the turret creates a sliding force inside the barrel. This motion causes parts and media to contact each other in random or isotropic directions. The resulting finish is consistent across the entire surface of the part. MFI provides complete sample processing and stocks all required media and supplies.
Available Options and Accessories
Part and Media Separator
Make the media and part separation process simple with our free standing media separator. Dump full barrels on the vibratory screen and watch as the media and your parts separate.
Processing Table and Sludge Tank
Reduce the mess from the process with MFI’s processing table and sludge tank. Sediment from your tumbling process is collected and easily cleaned out.
PLC Touchscreen Interface
Store processes as recipes in this PLC touchscreen interface. This unit replaces the analog cycle start buttons and allows for better monitoring of machine use and time.
Dramatically reduce downtime on the machine by purchasing a second set of barrels. The operator can load and unload while the machine is running.